FC Dallas v Colorado Rapids – Preview, Prediction, TV Listings, and Betting Odds – MLS – 21 November 2010
It’s down to the final match of the MLS 2010 season as FC Dallas faces the Colorado Rapids to determine the Championship. The match will take place at BMO Field in Toronto, Canada on Sunday, November 21, 2010. Kickoff is scheduled for 20:30 EST (USA Eastern), 19:30 CST (Dallas time), and 18:30 MST (Colorado time).
FC Dallas v Colorado Rapids TV Listings
It will be televised on ESPN in the United States, TSN2 in Canada, ESPN in the United Kingdom, Setanta Sports in Ireland, and on Sky Sport in Italy.
FC Dallas v Colorado Rapids Preview
FC Dallas manager Schellas Hyndman
“I’ve been trying to keep them really relaxed with the same structure and patterns of things we’ve done in the past,” he said after Saturday’s training at BMO Field, the final session before the big game. “The exercises are the same. We’ve maybe only spent eight to 10 minutes out there working on Colorado’s strengths and their free kicks and corner kicks, but the rest of the time has just been work as normal.”
Keys To The Match
- The Midfield – As with most matches, the team who can control possession and the midfield usually will win the match. Both teams have skilled forwards but it the midfield is where the game will be won or lost.
- Finishing Chances – FCD were able to advance to the MLS Cup Final because they took advantage of the scoring chances against LA. Colorado did the same in their playoff run and that will be a major factor in this match. It’s not about how many chances each side gets but how many they can convert and put in the back of the net.
- Goalkeeping – Kevin Hartman was the MVP for FCD against LA and once again could be the difference. Colorado’s Matt Pickens hasn’t been as impresive this season but did have seven clean sheets and can’t be underestimated.
Players To Watch
- David Ferreira (FCD) – The MLS 2010 MVP will need to play well for FC Dallas to win the match. He doesn’t score a ton of goals (but can when needed) but is a great playmaker that usually sets up his teammates.
- Jeff Larentowicz (COL) – The Colorado midfielder will be very important to his team in Sunday’s match. He will play the more defensive position and can provide cover for fellow midfielder Pablo Mastroeni to get forward in the attack.
- Conor Casey (COL) – He’s often underrated and gone under the radar but has proven to be a clutch goalscorer. He had 13 goals this season and more than capable of scoring goals in a variety of ways.
- Brek Shea (FCD) – The winger has had a break-out season with Dallas and is always a threat on set pieces. With Ferreira likely to attract a lot of the defense’s attention, it’s a chance for Shea to perform on the biggest stage in MLS.
FCD – Jeff Cunningham (11 goals), David Ferreira (13 assists)
COL – Omar Cummings (14 goals), Jamie Smith (8 assists)
FCD – DF Edson Edward (osteitis pubis); DF Kyle Davies (L ankle sprain)
COL – MF Ciaran O’Brien (L hip sprain); FW Ross Schunk (R ACL tear)
FC Dallas v Colorado Rapids Prediction
FC Dallas wins 2-1
FC Dallas v Colorado Rapids Betting Odds
Dallas win – 23/10
Draw (after 90 minutes) – 11/5
Colorado win – 11/5